Compare Air Purification Technologies Side-by-Side
- These types of filter collect the particulates in cigarette smoke, but not the equally important gaseous content.
- TSS technology removes some gaseous pollutants and irritants, such as ozone, but not others, such as volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
- HEPA and electrostatic filters remove bacteria and viruses from the air but do not kill them. Untreated, those bacteria and viruses colonise the filter / plates making cleaning and replacement potentially hazardous.
- While PCO / PECO devices share the wider scope of action of Airora, they lack our patented technology, which means that they cannot reliably cascade hydroxyls throughout a whole room and onto surfaces.
- While UV-C is thought to achieve these outcomes, unlike Hydroxyls UV-C takes some time to work, and there is much scientific debate about 'how long' and thus how fast the air can flow until they become ineffective. The EPA says: "typical UVGI cleaners used in homes have limited effectiveness in killing bacteria and molds"